Too Warm to Winterize?
Even though Atlanta just recorded the warmest Christmas temperatures ever at 75 °F on December 25, 2015 (see here), Christine DeVotie, Lennar Atlanta’s Customer Service Manager, reminds Lennar Atlanta homeowners that winter has just gotten started, and that now may actually be a very good time to winterize those outside hose bibbs, the two standard exterior faucets on their beautiful Lennar Atlanta home.
“Freezing temperatures can mean freezing pipes – and since it only takes five to ten minutes to ensure that your pipes don’t freeze, why not take care of it now!” says Christine.
Lennar Atlanta homeowners, here’s how to winterize your hose bibbs:
- Locate the individual shut-off valves inside your home for the hose bibb you are working with. It is generally found at the water heater, under the kitchen sink or under a bathroom sink, or in the basement and has a colored handle or an attached blue tag labeled “hose bibb” shut off. Turn the shut-off valve clockwise until it will not turn any further.
- Go outside to the hose bibb and open it by turning the handle counter-clockwise to allow the water to drain out.
- If a vacuum breaker is attached to the hose end of the hose bibb, locate the stainless steel pin in the center of the valve where the hose attaches. Push the pin to the side and hold until it stops draining.
- The pipe should now be winterized. Do no close the hose bibb.
- Don’t forget to do these steps for BOTH hose bibbs.
- Do not turn the valve back on until spring.
Tip: It’s a good idea to make sure you have turned off your Automatic Sprinkler System during the winter as well!
For more information about any Lennar Atlanta community, please call 404-931-7462 or visit www.LennarAtlanta.com – and make sure to check out the various innovative floor plans offered by Lennar Atlanta.
Lennar Corp., (NYSE: LEN), founded in 1954 and headquartered in Miami, is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Building homes in 18 states, Lennar offers affordable, move-up and retirement homes in communities that cater to almost any lifestyle. For more information about Lennar, visit www.lennar.com.
About Lennar Atlanta
Since 2010, Lennar Atlanta, part of Lennar Corp. (NYSE: LEN), one of the leading new homebuilders in the US, has completed more than 1,200 new single family residences and townhomes in 35+ communities throughout the greater metropolitan Atlanta area and Georgia. Based in Roswell, the Lennar Atlanta team is led by Todd Jones, Lennar Atlanta Division President.
LennarAtlanta.com | 404.931.7462
Lennar – The Home of Everything’s Included®.